You are listening to part two of our first episode - Chat with a Geographer. In this interview series with Dr. Romila Verma, a geographer teaching at University of Toronto - we will be discussing some of the environmental education modules that are being developed for the workshops in Water Speaks.
Dr. Verma is a big advocate of experiential learning for children, focusing on teaching with fun activities. These modules are creative, a great teaching and learning tool and can be adopted by parents, teachers and kids alike.
Lastly, Dr. Verma will be elaborating on different career paths and opportunities in the field of geography, so all aspiring geographers out there, listen in!
And if you are the curious kind, check out the questions addressed in this podcast in the transcript below! Happy listening, all!
- What are the broad categories in the field of geography?
- What are some career paths for an aspiring geographer?
- What are some home projects that can be initiated with children interested in the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)disciplines?
- How does one nurture their child's interest, if they are interested in geography or a non-traditional field that is often considered not career-oriented?
- What are your thoughts on work-life balance?
Missed the first segment of " Chat With A Geographer". No worries, click on the link below and happy listening!
ON AND ON by Nicolai Heidlas Music @nicolai-heidlas